[Svnmerge] Initialization problem

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 8 07:35:08 PDT 2008

Wayne wrote:
>> Raman Gupta wrote:
>>> While moving the branch will definitely cause svnmerge.py to fail
>>> (unless the integrated property is modified to match), I don't see how
>>> moving the branch would cause the particular symptoms you are seeing.
>>> svnmerge.py would just treat the moved branch as uninitialized.
>
> However, your assumption that the move would cause svnmerge to treat the
> branch as unitialized is not correct. It does in fact the cause the
> error I am seeing. I have attached a small Windows batch file that
> creates a repository in c:\temp and then does some check-ins, an
> svnmerge init and then svnmerge avail. The svnmerge avail causes that
> exact error I am seeing.

I should have been more specific -- the *new location* of the moved
branch would be treated as uninitialized. I believe the *old location*
of the moved branch is giving the errors you are seeing because of
buggy behavior in svn related to properties that previously existed at
a given path, but no longer do.

> Thanks again for helping me figure out what was wrong.

No problem.

Cheers,
Raman Gupta