[Svnmerge] Initialization problem

Wayne wayne at zk.com
Mon Apr 7 14:19:39 PDT 2008

Wayne wrote:
> Raman Gupta wrote:

>>> I was just thinking about this and I remembered that I actually moved
>>> the branch after I made it. Could that be what's causing the problem?
>>>

>> While moving the branch will definitely cause svnmerge.py to fail
>> (unless the integrated property is modified to match), I don't see how
>> moving the branch would cause the particular symptoms you are seeing.
>> svnmerge.py would just treat the moved branch as uninitialized.

Raman, thank-you for your help. I have finally figured out what was
going on. I should have picked it up in your previous mail. The issue is
that svnmerge-integrated" is pointing at the original branch location
and I need it to point at the trunk. If I had not been so slow on the
uptake I would be done. I think that I have been able to fix the issue.

However, your assumption that the move would cause svnmerge to treat the
branch as unitialized is not correct. It does in fact the cause the
error I am seeing. I have attached a small Windows batch file that
creates a repository in c:\temp and then does some check-ins, an
svnmerge init and then svnmerge avail. The svnmerge avail causes that
exact error I am seeing.

Thanks again for helping me figure out what was wrong.