[Svnmerge] Automating merge tracking initialization

Rohan Joseph rohanjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 11:08:58 PDT 2008

Hello All,

             I am a relatively new user to svnmerge.py and I am currently
attempting to automate the process of initializing merge tracking on any
directory. I have been reading through some threads and there seems to be an
agreed-upon notion that the best time to start merge tracking is when a
branch is just created (pristine, no local modifications). Is there a way to
automatically run 'svnmerge.py init BRANCH_URL' the moment the branch is
created?

I understand that there are multiple ways of creating a branch and also that
svnmerge.py only runs on a checkout working copy. I am looking for a work
around and hoping I can achieve something like this through perhaps an svn
post-commit script (not sure how that would work). I am completely unsure if
this is possible. Any ideas are welcome!

Thank you all for your time!

--
Best Regards,

Rohan Joseph