[Svnmerge] Spurious property conflicts

Henrik B Johansson henrik.b.johansson at svt.se
Tue Aug 5 05:32:33 PDT 2008

Hi,

We are running into property conflicts that look very similar to the
thread "Eliminate spurious svnmerge-integrated property conflicts".

We are running SVN 1.5 on the server and a mixed 1.4/1.5 client flora
(lots of developer tools that still does not support 1.5 i am afraid).
I am using the latest trunk svnmerge.py and if i introduce the following
change it works fine:

Line 1359:

for start,end in minimal_merge_intervals(revs, phantom_revs):
        if not record_only:
            # Preset merge/blocked properties to the source value at

            # the start rev to avoid spurious property conflicts
            set_merge_props(branch_dir, merge_metadata.get(start))

I.e. I change from "start - 1" to "start" when setting the property to
avoid conflicts.

Is it really correct to use (start - 1) for the properties in this case
since we just write the full monty in tracked branch?
For the actual merge it may very well be a different thing altogether but
as for the properties the have to be kept in synch between
tracker/trackee right?

Sorry for not prividing a proper patch but i haven't had the time and i
wanted to get this on the mailing list first in case there is something
fundamental that i have missed.

Regards!
        Henrik