[Svnmerge] Ang. svnmerge.py and tags

Henrik B Johansson henrik.b.johansson at svt.se
Thu Aug 7 23:46:45 PDT 2008

Hi,

We have scripts that we basically investigates the commit messages and
looks for issue tags (we use Jira but i guess any system will do) and once
the issues are marked as "done"
we merge them into trunk. We use this way in place of your tags i gues so
we dont have the three code lines to worry about. Its really neat once you
tune you scripts to your issue handling system.

But shouldnt this be possible to solve with blocking? Once you have merged
from Tag_1 you then block the same revisions in the corresponding Branch_1
so as to avoid circular merges?
Maybe i got this wrong but some quick tests could easily check it.

Hope this helps!

/ Henrik