[Svnmerge] Merging From Multiple Branches

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Mon Jun 9 11:39:03 PDT 2008

I have a setup where I need to be able to do merges from multiple
upstream branches.  It looks something like this:

repository
  project
    trunk
    tags
    branches
  upstream
    trunk
    tags
    branches
      version-1.0
      version-1.1

"upstream" is source imported from an external project.  What I need
to do is merge changes from upstream into project/trunk.  Usually I
will merge changes from regular releases.  That is, I will do a merge
from version-1.0, then version-1.1, etc.  But occasionally I want to merge
from upstream/trunk because there's some critical fix or feature I need.
Then I will later need to do a merge when upstream/trunk is officially
released (from a new imported branches/version-x.y).

"project" is a locally modified copy of upstream.

Is this kind of merging possible to track with svnmerge.py?  Do I just
do an "init" from project/trunk for each possible source (branches/trunk,
release-x.y, etc.)?

Thanks for your help.

                                               -Dave