[Svnmerge] Experiences with svn/svnmerge; supporting tools around svn/svnmerge

Piet-Hein Peeters piet-hein.peeters at philips.com
Tue Jun 3 00:48:58 PDT 2008

Hello,

At Philips HealthCare, we also made a tool that analyzes moves/renames when
doing a merge and we actually managed to develop our own merge-tool. It
handles renames/moves on source and target.  We've solved this by searching
in the log of the repository for the root of each element (in which
revision it was first added). Elements on different branches with the same
root, need to be merged to eachother. For performance reasons we made a
cache of each branch to store the root of every element.

I'm also very interested in the way Horst Hermanns solution.

Here is a zip-file with our tooling.

(See attached file: svnmergetool.zip)

Regards,
Piet-Hein Peeters
Software Configuration Manager
Philips Healthcare - Healthcare Informatics / PII
Room QV-136, P.O. Box 10.000, NL - 5680 DA Best
Phone +31 40 27 62016