[Svnmerge] KeyError on svnmerge.py

Hernán Martínez Foffani hernan.martinez at ecc.es
Wed Mar 5 02:35:34 PST 2008

I've just updated my local copy of svnmerge.py from Tigris' repository
and now every command I issue fires a KeyError exception.

Surely I'm missing something obvious here but googling the error haven't
brought any useful information, as lots of the entries are the source
code by itself.

D:\XXX>svnmerge.py init
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\APPS\Tools\svnmerge.py", line 2152, in ?
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "D:\APPS\Tools\svnmerge.py", line 2088, in main
    cf_source, cf_rev, copy_committed_in_rev = get_copyfrom(branch_dir)
  File "D:\APPS\Tools\svnmerge.py", line 895, in get_copyfrom
    repos_path = target_to_pathid(target)
  File "D:\APPS\Tools\svnmerge.py", line 840, in target_to_pathid
    root = get_repo_root(target)
  File "D:\APPS\Tools\svnmerge.py", line 817, in get_repo_root
    root = info["Repository Root"]
KeyError: 'Repository Root'

D:\XXX>

windows xp sp2
svn client: 1.4.4 (r25188)
python 2.4.4

By the way, what's svnmerge-migrate-history.py for?
Is it related to subversion's merge tracking in version 1.5?

Thanks in advance,
-Hernán.