[Svnmerge] KeyError on svnmerge.py

Hernán Martínez Foffani hernan.martinez at ecc.es
Fri Mar 7 02:56:59 PST 2008

>>> D:\XXX>svnmerge.py init
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "D:\APPS\Tools\svnmerge.py", line 2152, in ?
>>>   main(sys.argv[1:]) File "D:\APPS\Tools\svnmerge.py", line 2088, in
>>>     main cf_source, cf_rev, copy_committed_in_rev =
>>>   get_copyfrom(branch_dir) File "D:\APPS\Tools\svnmerge.py", line
>>>     895, in get_copyfrom repos_path = target_to_pathid(target)
>>>   File "D:\APPS\Tools\svnmerge.py", line 840, in target_to_pathid
>>>     root = get_repo_root(target)
>>>   File "D:\APPS\Tools\svnmerge.py", line 817, in get_repo_root
>>>     root = info["Repository Root"]
>>> KeyError: 'Repository Root'
>>
>> The error seems to indicate that "Repository Root" was not part of
>> the svn info output. Can you run svn info manually in the location
>> where you executed svnmerge.py init and post the output?
>
> Ah... I bet it's because my XP is in spanish:
>
>     D:\XXX>svn info
>     Ruta: .
>     Raíz del repositorio: http://w2ke-02:81/svn/Desa
>     UUID del repositorio: cbf5057c-42e0-1449-b341-c420fb338551
>     Revisión: 5463
>     Tipo de nodo: directorio
>     Agendado: normal
>     Autor del último cambio: ecc\m.martinez
>     Revisión del último cambio: 5461
>     Fecha de último cambio: 2008-03-05 16:42:32 +0100 (mié, 05 mar
> 2008)
>
>     D:\XXX>
>
> I don't care to have the output of svn in english, unless I've got
> to reinstall the OS, mind you.

I couldn't find a way to tell svn (and only the svn client) to send its
output in english and not in my locale. I can't change my global
settings because it would affect our development enviroment.

svnmerge.py might try to read Subversion's LC_MESSAGE translating
"Repository root" before parsing the output. It won't be an easy
task and giving that you are all volunteers here I'll refrain
myself to ask for it.

For the time being, I'm switching back to an older version.
Does anybody knows in which version was this feature commited?
I would like to have the latest version that doesn't include
"svn info" output parsing.

Regards,
-Hernán.