[Svnmerge] KeyError on svnmerge.py

Hernan Martinez-Foffani Silva hernan.martinez at ecc.es
Sat Mar 8 09:38:42 PST 2008

2008/3/8, Raman Gupta <rocketraman at fastmail.fm>:
> Hernan Martinez-Foffani Silva wrote:
> >
> >     Anyway, let's first see if LC_MESSAGES=C is enough...
> >

> > I tried that and at least svnmerge.py doesn't fail.
>
> Hernan, are you sure? It failed for me, but since by default my box is
> english and UTF-8, perhaps my test was flawed. Can you tell us how you
> tested this?
>
> I did this:
>
> LANG=de_DE LC_ALL=de_DE LC_MESSAGES=C ./svnmerge_test.py
>
> and got the KeyError: 'Repository Root'.

Ah... That's unix.
Here is what I did under a SPANISH Windows XP .

   D:\proyectos\svnmerge>echo %LC_MESSAGES%
   %LC_MESSAGES%

   D:\proyectos\svnmerge>echo %LC_ALL%
   %LC_ALL%

   D:\proyectos\svnmerge>svnmerge.py init
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "D:\proyectos\svnmerge\svnmerge.py", line 2154, in ?
       main(sys.argv[1:])
     File "D:\proyectos\svnmerge\svnmerge.py", line 2090, in main
       cf_source, cf_rev, copy_committed_in_rev = get_copyfrom(branch_dir)
     File "D:\proyectos\svnmerge\svnmerge.py", line 897, in get_copyfrom
       repos_path = target_to_pathid(target)
     File "D:\proyectos\svnmerge\svnmerge.py", line 842, in target_to_pathid
       root = get_repo_root(target)
     File "D:\proyectos\svnmerge\svnmerge.py", line 819, in get_repo_root
       root = info["Repository Root"]
   KeyError: 'Repository Root'

   D:\proyectos\svnmerge>set LC_MESSAGES=C

   D:\proyectos\svnmerge>echo %LC_MESSAGES%

   D:\proyectos\svnmerge>svnmerge.py init
   svnmerge: no copyfrom info available. Explicit source argument
(-S/--source) required.

   D:\proyectos\svnmerge>

Under Windows we normally don't use LANG.
I haven't set LC_ALL either for this test.

-H.