[Svnmerge] Multiple conflicting revisions of one file in a merge

Dustin J. Mitchell dustin at zmanda.com
Mon Mar 31 15:07:02 PDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 5:43 PM, John Ricklefs
<John.Ricklefs at tamalesoftware.com> wrote:
>  I'm not sure if there is something I am missing that I can tell our
>  developers to do to try to simplify this, except to run each of the
>  above three merges independently, resolving conflicts and committing
>  each time.  Has anyone else seen this behavior, or have a better
>  workaround to suggest?

That's usually my solution.  svnmerge doesn't have a good way to
determine what combinations of revisions will create a conflict (save
trying them all, which would take forever).  Generally, when this
happens, I just revert my merge and take a guess as to which revision
range I should merge to generate only one conflict.

Actually, most of the time I try to only merge one change at a time,
but obviously that's not always practical.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com