[Svnmerge] KeyError on svnmerge.py

Laurent PETIT laurent.petit at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 06:28:28 PST 2008

Hello,

2008/3/8, Giovanni Bajo <rasky at develer.com>:

> This is not required. It should be sufficient what svnmerge.py already
> does:
>
> # We expect non-localized output from SVN
> os.environ["LC_ALL"] = "C"
>
> You might want to try changing that into "LC_MESSAGES" to see if it
> makes any difference.

Sorry, but I've the latest version of svnmerge.py from trunk, and I can't
see the two above lines.

Anyway, for the moment, I'm unable to use svnmerge with my desktop in
French.

By the way, the patch I've submitted in another reply to this thread does
handle the problem by not depending anymore on strings localization but
rather on xml output structure, which, as I guess, may be (but maybe not ?)
more stable than relying on i18n labels ?

Please find in attachment a new version of my patch, which verifies svn's
client version : if it is older than 1.3.x, then it falls back to the
current way of resolving svninfo, and if it is newer or equal to 1.3.0, then
it uses the --xml option.

Please find in attachment the new patch version.

I'm not a regular python user, so please excuse me if I've not adopted
certain idioms of the language.

Hope this helps,

--
Laurent