[Svnmerge] merging from branch to trunk and then to branch

JL jeremyl at research.canon.com.au
Wed May 14 18:43:19 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've just stared using svnmerge and was interested in the best way of
doing the following.

I have a development branch which I merge into the trunk using
svnmerge.  'svnmerge merge --bidirectional'

When I commit these merges into the trunk I get a revision number. (eg,
revision 52).   The problem is when I go back to my branch and use
svnmerge to update the branch with the latest trunk changes, it sees
revision 52 as a revision available for merging, and when it does the
merge, it conflicts on all the binary files.  How do I indicate that
revision 52 was actually a merge from the branch and therefore there is
no need to merge it back to the branch?  I can 'block' it however this
doesn't seem to be the right way of doing it.

Thanks,
Jeremy