[Svnmerge] setting up new development branch

Hernán Martínez Foffani hernan.martinez at ecc.es
Thu Jan 15 09:53:50 PST 2009

svnmerge-bounces+hernan.martinez=ecc.es at orcaware.com wrote:
> Yes, I could do that, but I'd rather not. All of the documentation on
> the svnmerge wiki says that I should only need to specify the source
> when I'm merging multiple branches to this one, which I'm not. I'm
> also trying to keep the amount of things my developers need to
> remember about this to a minimum as some of them are still very new
> to this developer branch idea.

Does "svn pg svnmerge-integrated" in the branch report more than
the trunk? It should say something like "Project/trunk:nnnn". If some
other branch or branches are printed then you'll face the problem you
mentioned.

You may want to edit the svnmerge-integrated property in the branch
and delete the branch/branches part leaving the trunk alone.

I think "svnmerge.py init" in a new branch gets confused if you have
previously moved or renamed an old branch to trunk.