[Svnmerge] Problem with multiple groups of revisions to merge

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Mon Jan 26 16:48:02 PST 2009

Simon Lucy wrote:
> Jon Schewe wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that if I have a list of revisions (123,130-150,165) to
>> merge that svnmerge iterates over each group and does the underlying
>> "svn merge" command. However if there is a conflict svnmerge just keeps
>> going on with the next set of changes, which can make resolving the
>> conflicts very difficult. Is there a way to automatically tell svnmerge
>> to only continue on with the next grouping of changes if there are
>> currently no conflicts in the working copy
>>

> Not that I'm aware of.  My usual method is to revert and do the svnmerge
> in smaller pieces walking around the conflicts where I could.

This would be a great addition to svnmerge.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39