[Svnmerge] moving trunk and a branch?

Hernan Martinez-Foffani Silva hernan.martinez at ecc.es
Tue Nov 9 02:58:03 PST 2010

Hi!

I'm about to reorganize a project layout that's currently being
developed and wanted to know svnmerge best practice for this.
The current layout is like this:

Project / trunk / SubDirA
Project / trunk / SubDirB
Project / branches / Branch1 / SubDirA
Project / branches / Branch1 / SubDirB

I would like to add a new directory level above the SubDirs, ie,
../trunk/NewDir/SubDirA. All active branches and trunk would have the
new directory, and here goes my question: How can I tell svnmerge to
track the new layout without losing any pending revision for a future
merge?

I'm able to merge all pending revisions from trunk to the branches
before reorganizing the directories but giving that the active
branches are not ready for release I can't merge them back to trunk
right now.

Any suggestion?

Regards,
-Hernán.