[Svnmerge] Missing metainfo when using merge -M or block

Steffen Böhme steffen at boemm.de
Tue Aug 2 02:43:08 PDT 2011

Hi,

I having a simple but practical problem I would like to share and
request, if the behavior could be changed in the way it should work in
my opinion.

When having 2 branches, lets say trunk and dev with a initialized merge
tracking via svnmerge.py from trunk to dev.

When I have to jump over some revision in trunk while merging to dev I
have 3 possibilities to do this permanent:
* svnmerge.py block -r ...
* svnmerge.py merge -M -r ...
* svnmerge.py init --force -r ... ../trunk

But all of those methods changes not the svn internal merge tracking
property so from view of svn merge tracking the merge is never happen or
better, the jump over from svnmerge.py is not known for svn internal
merge tracking.

Would it be possible to extend the methods to let "svnmerge.py merge -M"
and/or "svnmerge block" also update the svn:mergeinfo property and to
add the revisions, which are blocked or recorded only, to the revisions
already existing in svn:mergeinfo?

What are your minds about this?

Greets
Steffen