[Svnmerge] Merge Issues

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Wed May 11 06:58:34 PDT 2011

> While it is true that svnmerge.py is not resolving conflicts, isn't
> it fair to expect it stop merging subsequent revisions when there is
> a conflict raised due to previous revision merge and not add the
> revisions to svnmerge-integrated property? It should summarize with
> the list of revisions that are not merged due to prior conflict, so
> that they can be force merged using svnmerge.py after resolving the
> conflict. Or it should merge the changes to foo.c.working instead of
> foo.c in conflict scenarios.

Prakash, while I understand and agree that svnmerge.py is not working
optimally in this situation, I suspect that most of the committers
have moved on to using built-in svn merging, and/or other tools that
have better support for merging such as git -- I know I have.
Development of svnmerge.py has thus basically stopped.

Therefore, it is likely that if you want some changes to svnmerge.py
you will have to make them yourself. Once you submit a patch, myself
or one of the other committers will be more than happy to review your
changes for inclusion. Make sure to include a useful unit test.

Cheers,
Raman