[Svnmerge] svnmerge and externals

Dustin J. Mitchell dustin at v.igoro.us
Sun Jan 8 15:49:47 PST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM, William Baum <bill at thebaums.org> wrote:
> svnmerge as it exists in the trunk is incompatible with the current
> subversion.  I was able to restore functionality with a couple of
> minor tweaks that may be useful to others interested in using svnmerge
> with subversion 1.7.

Thanks for the detailed reply.  So the first and last portions of your
patch seem fine.

As for is_wc -- its use is not entirely cosmetic:

def target_to_url(target):
    """Convert working copy path or repos URL to a repos URL."""
    if is_wc(target):
        info = get_svninfo(target)
        return info["URL"]
    return target

Several other uses are similar, disambiguating URLs from WC paths.  I
think that this function may need to be modified, perhaps using some
quick heuristic (perhaps os.path.isdir) followed by an 'svn info'
invocation?

I'll be happy to merge the first and last portions as suggested, if
you can roll them up into a patch and include a log message in
accordance with
  http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/conventions.html#log-messages

If you revise the is_wc change, I'll be happy to look at the revised patch.

Thanks!