[ocaml-biz] Some logo for your OCaml related websites

Martin Jambon martin_jambon
Tue Aug 24 06:20:09 PDT 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, William D. Neumann wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:28:51 -0700, Brandon J. Van Every wrote
>
> > We didn't want a realistic snake because many people fear and loathe
> > them.
>
> I'm not so sure that applies to camels (unless we're talking a overly
> realistic image of one with the
> patchy fur and spit flying everywhere), or oysters/pearls [1].

Let's keep the fur.

Anyway, we don't need to represent a full camel. The name Caml already
speaks for itself, so that any part of an animal that could be a camel and
which is associated with the name (O)Caml obviously belongs to a camel and
not to a horse or an oyster.

By the way, which one should we use (or under which circumstances):
1. Caml
2. OCaml (or O'Caml, or Ocaml, ?)
3. Objective Caml
4. CAML = categorical abstract meta-language
5. other?

Martin