[ocaml-biz] winning the Shootout

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery
Tue Aug 31 01:21:30 PDT 2004

Tony Edgin wrote:

> If you weight all three measure sets evenly, plus weight each
> test evenly, Ocaml native and byte codes do surprisingly well.
> In summary, C comes in with a 48, Ocaml native with a 42,
> C++ with a 34, Ocaml byte with a 32, C# with a 26, and Java
> with a 19.  Although the shoot out shouldn't be taken too
> seriously, maybe this could be used as part of the answer too.

Yes, and such answers are inherently political.  That's what I mean by
"we need guys on the Shootout mailing list."  What should the default
testing weights be, for all of these languages?  Are the current ones
reasonable?  Maybe they aren't.  Maybe we can get a consensus from some
other language people that they aren't.  Or, if not consensus, something
in our own interest.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

20% of the world is real.