Fwd: [Ocaml-biz] IDEs

William Neumann wneumann at cs.unm.edu
Thu Sep 9 19:14:22 PDT 2004

Crap -- forgot to set the proper To: address.

To whoever is hosting this list now, is there any way to set the
reply-to field to be the list?

Begin forwarded message:

> I cannot do so now.  I don't know the answer, and it is too much work
> figure out the answer right now.

Then don't say crap like "I will get back to you at a later time why I
don't think Vim's support of OCaml is as good as the Emacs support."
Because that means you actually have a reason why you think emacs > vim
wrt OCaml.  Since you haven't the foggiest notion if that is even true
you should have said something more along the lines of "I will look
into the state of OCaml support for both emacs and vim, and I will get
back to you at a later time."

> But once you had to
> actually *do* something, like configure for OCaml, all had steep
> learning curves.

You mean like copy tuareg-mode.el (or whatever the filename is) into
your site-lisp directory for emacs?  Or copying the proper ocaml.vim
files into the ftplugin and indent directories for vim?  Yeah... steep
man.

> As a meta point, feel free to speak up on anything you like.

And I do.  But if I want to talk about a topic, I talk about it.  I
don't act all cutsey and try to goad people into discussing the mater.

William D. Neumann

"You've got Rita Marlowe in the palm of your hand."
"Palm of my hand?  You haven't seen Rita Marlowe..."

		-- Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?