[Orca-dev] Orca Rev 194 Updates Submission

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Jan 15 18:40:46 PST 2003

Sean O'Neill wrote:

Sean,

I read your diffs.  They look good.

Do you want to do the commit or should I do it?

Comments below:

> Update Log:
>
> - Added new lib/SE/3.2.1 and lib/SE/3.3 directories to hold new
> orca_p_vmstat_class.se file.
>
> - orca_p_vmstat_class.se file added which contains definitions of new metrics

Log commit message formatting changes:

Use * instead of -.

All text should be indented at least two spaces.

Also, the objects being commented upon should be followed by :'s.

This all allows automatic processing of log messages by various
programs.

Take a look at my own log messages and the HACKING file.

So this one would be

* lib/SE/3.2.1,
  lib/SE/3.3: New directories to hold new orca_p_vmstat_class.se file.

* lib/SE/3.2.1/orca_p_vmstat_class.se,
  lib/SE/3.3/orca_p_vmstat_class.se:
  New definitions of metrics.  Add a description of why this file is
  needed.

> - start_orcallator modified to determine installed SE version which is used
> to include the correct version of orca_p_vmstat_class.se file.

Good description.

> - orcallator.cfg modified to graph new metrics
>
> - orcallator.se modified to collect new metrics
>
> - Makefile.in modified to properly create new lib/SE/3.2.1 and lib/SE/3.3
> directories and copy orca_p_vmstat_class.se files during installation.

Good.

> - Constants.pm modified so that the hourly graphs now display 3 hours worth
> of data rather then the default 1.5 hours.

* lib/Orca/Constants.pm:
  Modified so that the hourly graphs now display 3 hours worth of data
  rather then the default 1.5 hours.

Let's make this a separate commit, since it's logically separate from
the rest of your changes.

+y_legend               calls/s

Have all y_legend's be capital case: Calls/s.

Otherwise, looks great.

Let me know how you want to do the commit.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/