[Orca-dev] Question: Values for webserver monitoring

B.Schopp at gmx.de B.Schopp at gmx.de
Thu May 8 11:29:32 PDT 2003

Hi Blair, Sean,

> > In this case, i will combine the values of gets and posts to hits and
> count
> > condgets seperate (and keep it as value in the generated dataflies).
> > Maybe it will be of interest in deeper webmonitoring.
>
> Yes, the data may be of interest, so it should get its own new data
> column in the output file and leave the meaning of the existing data's,
> unless there's something broken with them.

I'm coming to an end with the dev. of the addon. At this time the
following values are reported to the output file:
- #httpds
- httpop/s
- %to1KB
- %to10KB
- %to100KB
- %to1MB
- %over1MB
- httpb/s
- htErr/s
- htGets/s        xx
- htPosts/s       xx
- htCGets/s  (condgets)  xx

The values marked with an 'xx' are not yet implemented for the
procallator.cfg file. I think this is a point of discussion about to
integrate it in a graph and in the case how the graph should look
like.

I didn't find a small and simple solution to get the value http/p5s.
Maybe a little brainstorming will help after the first release is out.

It should also be no problem to report the used methods in % for
a graph to view the relations between the four measured methods.
Actual, it would take about 20-30 minutes for me to integrate it in
procallator. Would this be useful and in case how should the graph
look like?

Best,
Burkhardt