[Orca-dev] What's the easiest way to increase the width of theproduced Orca images ?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon May 19 16:04:17 PDT 2003

Sean O'Neill wrote:

> Hey Blair,
>
> Without having to "dig" for the answer, what's the easiest way to increase
> the width of the produced Orca images ?

The plot_width configuration option does this.

> I noticed that some of the graphs I recently added into the Orca source
> have a few of the numbers on the right side of the graph getting kinda cut
> off at times.  I would like to increase the width of the graphs a little bit.
>
> A good example of that is here:
>
> http://chivas.oneill.dhs.org/orca/o_chivas_gauge_inod_stl_per_s.html
>
> Or would you rather the titles be adjusted to try to conserve space in
> relation to width ?

I would prefer to converse space so that any image resampling doesn't have
to be done that may slow down image creation.

However, if you figure out the numbers in lib/Orca/Constants.pm and make
sure that RRD doesn't have to do anything special, then by all means
increase the width.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/