[Orca-dev] Orcallator.se timestamp patch

Dmitry Berezin dberezin at surfside.rutgers.edu
Fri Jul 2 11:29:30 PDT 2004

Hi Blair,

> I've added it to the Orca Subversion tree in revision 362:

Great.

> What other changes did you want to make to Orca?

There are a few things that I'd like to change.

1. I have submitted an "orca friendly" SE class based on Adrian's workload
class and a patch to integrate it with orcallator. Any interest in that?

2. There seems to be a bug in SE with first_proc/next_proc. I have posted my
findings and tests on this earlier, and a suggested alternative. This might
be irrelevant though, if No.1 (above) is accepted and process counting
functionality is moved into workload code.

3. This is probably the number one priority - disk statistics. I have
suggested earlier either to remove RAWDISK code completely or to rewrite
some of it to make it more "dynamic". I don't see much agreement in removing
it, so perhaps I could try improving it.

4. Change orcallator.se to be able to monitor multiple web log files.

  -Dmitry.