[Orca-dev] Re: One stray system with disk problems

Paul Haldane Paul.Haldane at newcastle.ac.uk
Sat Jul 3 14:20:13 PDT 2004

> From: Jon Tankersley <jon.tankersley at eds.com>
> Subject: [Orca-dev] One stray system with disk problems....
>
> Regardless of RAWDISK setting or MAXCOLUMNS/MAXDISK, we dump
> core due to segfault....

> strcpy(short_name<ssd2,h>, GLOBAL_disk_info[35].short_name<(nil)>)^M
> Segmentation Fault^M

This _may_ be related to the problem that I've encountered recently with
a couple of our systems (Solaris 9, DiskSuite, SAN disks and multipath
drivers).  Needed to increase the size of long_name in the RawDisk
structure.

Diffs of orcallator.se at end.

Paul
--
Paul Haldane, Unix Systems Team,
Information Systems and Services

*** orcallator.se-1.37.txt      Thu Jun 10 16:46:34 2004
--- orcollator.se       Sat Jul  3 22:09:28 2004
***************
*** 579,585 ****
  // kstat$disk interface.  Global data shared between function calls.
  struct RawDisk {
    // Exposed interface that matches kstat.
!   char                long_name[16];
    char                short_name[8];
    double      reads;
    double      kreads;
--- 579,585 ----
  // kstat$disk interface.  Global data shared between function calls.
  struct RawDisk {
    // Exposed interface that matches kstat.
!   char                long_name[64];
    char                short_name[8];
    double      reads;
    double      kreads;