[Orca-dev] Re: One stray system with disk problems

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sat Jul 3 17:37:52 PDT 2004

Paul Haldane wrote:

>>From: Jon Tankersley <jon.tankersley at eds.com>
>>Subject: [Orca-dev] One stray system with disk problems....
>>
>>Regardless of RAWDISK setting or MAXCOLUMNS/MAXDISK, we dump
>>core due to segfault....

>>strcpy(short_name<ssd2,h>, GLOBAL_disk_info[35].short_name<(nil)>)^M
>>Segmentation Fault^M
>

> This _may_ be related to the problem that I've encountered recently with
> a couple of our systems (Solaris 9, DiskSuite, SAN disks and multipath
> drivers).  Needed to increase the size of long_name in the RawDisk
> structure.
>
> Diffs of orcallator.se at end.
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the diff.

Turns out that fix was already applied to orcallator.se 1.39:

+// Version 1.39:   Feb 18, 2003 Burkhardt Schopp
+//                              B.Schopp at gmx.de
+//                              Modified struct RawDisk long_name object to
+//                              48 characters to handle T3 disks names.

However, that change only increased it to 48 characters.  Does it need to be 64
characters long?

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/