[Orca-dev] Orcallator.se timestamp patch

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sat Jul 3 23:01:44 PDT 2004

Jon Tankersley wrote:

> Two things I've thought about fixing this - color setting using names
> instead of hex values and possibly automatically placing the text based on
> the value - the one sample shows I messed up in the setting and the text.

Yes, having a color table would make it easier.

Regarding the text, you mean having something like this:

hrule                   90#FF7777:Critical(90%)

being able to be written as

hrule                   90#FF7777:Critical(%v)

where %v is the value?

> For vrule, some way to specify a file or even incorporating an rrd with the
> data.  I've used vrule with change control records to show how things have
> caused problems or fixed problems based on how the servers worked.

Good idea.  What do one of these PNGs look like?

> The nice thing, that hrulenotshown.png shows, is the values don't get forced
> on the page (unless you force scale).
>
> I've also included the h_v_rule.cfg example again to show it in use.
>
> The pictures also show some of the other things I've talked about - I added
> the ability for multiple consolidation functions - these show VARIABLE Peak
> - min, max, avg and VARIABLE Avg - min, max, avg.  It can also handle 'Min',
> but that isn't shown.  I've pondered a 'Prime' and 'Non-Prime' setting where
> you specify hours for prime time.  I deal with that a lot.

Let's get that code into Orca also :)

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/