[Orca-dev] What are these files for?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Jul 19 16:47:47 PDT 2004

Jon Tankersley wrote:

> What are the SE files in orca/lib/SE for?  The README/etc. don't seem to
> mention them.
> There are files for 3.2.1, 3.3 and 3.3.1.
> live_rules.se
> orca_p_netstat_class.se
> orca_p_vmstat_class.se

These files either add additional functionality or to fix bugs in already
released versions of SE.  When start_orcallator runs, it runs SE as

# Now start the logging.
echo "Starting logging"
nohup $SE $SE_PATCHES -DWATCH_OS $WATCH_WEB -I$libdir/SE/$SE_VERSION \
   $libdir/orcallator.se &

Notice the -I here, which points to this directory after it is installed.

The live_rules fixes a bug where the total CPU percentage can be greater than
100%.  The other two are for additional data measurements used by orcallator.se.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/