[Orca-dev] Polling a MySQL Database for Statistics

RHETT SAUNDERS rsaunders at email.uophx.edu
Mon Jul 26 07:06:54 PDT 2004

I have been using ORCA for some time now, and while it is a powerful and great visualizer of critical data of systems, I also want to extend this functionality into monitoring daemons running on my Sun Solaris server.

Right now I have a MySQL database installed on a Linux server that receives the daemon status of the Sun Server and if it is up or down, or in some cases, I learn what a specific number is for a database paging purposes, like Sybase.  I would like to poll the status table I have in my MySQL database and create a visual and would like to know where to start in this development or customization.

Best Regards,
Rhett Saunders