[Orca-dev] Possible fix for winallator problem in dist....

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Jul 28 22:53:56 PDT 2004

[cc-ing orca-dev].

Jon Tankersley wrote:

> Actually, I think I DID send you a note about it.  There are no scripts/etc.
> for the install to do any work in the winallator directory.  Or rather,
> there are no BIN_TARGETS for the for loop to deal with.  Which means there
> are no BIN_PERL_SCRIPTS or BIN_SHELL_SCRIPTS, which there aren't....  It
> also has something that should patch the lib/Orca/SourceFile.pm file.  That
> MUST be done by hand.

Thanks, I saw your previous message note after you mentioned it.  The bug
should be fixed now in the latest commit.

This build issue should have nothing to do with the white space patch for
SourceFile.pm, but you raise a good way of applying it in the Winallator
install.  The long term method would be to have an anonymous subroutine listed
in the Orca configuration file that splits the lines into columns that Orca
would handle.  This would be handled similarly to how the filename_compare is
handled:

filename_compare        sub {
                           my ($ay, $am, $ad) = $a =~ /-(\d{4})-(\d\d)-(\d\d)/;
                           my ($by, $bm, $bd) = $b =~ /-(\d{4})-(\d\d)-(\d\d)/;
                           if (my $c = (( $ay       <=>  $by) ||
                                        ( $am       <=>  $bm) ||
                             return 2*$c;
                           }
                           $ad <=> $bd;
                         }

> I'm not sure of all of the fixes, the tab delimited issue is easy, it could
> actually parse on space, tab, and comma pretty easily.  We actually have
> gone about it in another way - preprocessing the Windows data before we let
> Orca look at it.

Good way of doing it.  Can you contribute your processing scripts that fix the data?