[Orca-dev] [Patch] Re: ORCA build/installation

Andreas Beckmann beckmann at unixos.de
Thu May 12 07:37:23 PDT 2005

Hi,

here are two more patches:

1.) orca-snapshot-r454.1.PERLPREFIX.patch

> > 3.) orca-snapshot-r451.02.perl_mandir.patch
> This was actually a problem of the $(DESTDIR) being prefixed to the
> files that I don't want installed, because Orca's private copy of
> these Perl modules should not install the manual pages, which may
> collide with already installed manual pages.  So everything but the
> required libraries are installed into
> $(srcdir_perl_install_rootdir),which is deliberately kept in the
> source directory.  So if you look at the change log for revision 452,
> you won't see $(DESTDIR) prepended to $(srcdir_perl_install_rootdir).

PERLPREFIX and SITEPREFIX must be overwritten with
$(srcdir_perl_install_rootdir), too.
So the manpage finally goes to $(srcdir_perl_install_rootdir).

2.) orca-snapshot-r454.2.conditional_install_lib_SE.patch

> > 7.) lib/SE/
> > Since this is only used by the orcallator (or did I miss
> > something?), these files shouldn't be installed if orca has been
> > configured with--disable-orcallator.
>
> Patch welcome to add this change!

There we go ;-)

> > 5.) Shouldn't all the Makefile targets depend on Makefile.in and
> > $(topdir)/config.status ? So they get rebuilt after reconfiguration.
> BTW, topdir is not defined in my autoconf.
$(topdir) was pseudo code, $(top_builddir) is probably the one we need.

Makefile: Makefile.in $(top_builddir)/config.status
        cd $(top_builddir) && \
        CONFIG_FILES=data_gatherers/procallator/Makefile ./config.status

> > 6.) config/PerlHead1.in
>
> Well, the reason for it being there is so that XEmacs and possibly
> other editors load the correct mode to edit the file.  If you can come
> up with another way of handling this, let me know.

Being not an emacs user ... moving the mode declaration to the second
line works fine for me.

#!/bin/sh
# -*- perl -*-

Causes xemacs to load the file in perl mode.

Andreas