[Orca-users] newbie question :)

tkennedy at newsreal.com tkennedy at newsreal.com
Wed Dec 29 13:48:31 PST 1999

From: tkennedy at newsreal.com

I am running Orca on a Sun Ultra2.  Solaris 2.6.
RRDTool is version 1.0.9. ( I replaced the 1.0.7.2 version that came w/ orca).
Perl is version 5.005_03.
And Se Toolkit is version 3.1.

I noticed upon installing that the p_netstat_class.se patch that came with
orca didn't work properly.  When I looked at the difference between the
two files (the patch, and the lines in the se3.1 p_netstat_class.se) I saw that
the changes it was trying to make were minor.

example:

se3.1-p_netstat_class.se had:
	pnetGLOB_net_ooctets[i]=
	  UD_DIFF(tmp_net.ooctets,    pnetGLOB_save_nets[i].ooctets) / et;

the patch had:
        net_ooctets[i] =
!         (tmp_net.ooctets    - save_nets[i].ooctets) / et;

  being changed to:
        net_ooctets[i] =
!         ud_diff(tmp_net.ooctets,     save_nets[i].ooctets) / et;

The only real difference being the pnetGLOB stuff, and the case change in the
UD_DIFF.

Okay.  SO far so good.
Now I run start the orcallator, and run orca -o -v $orca.cfg.
It takes 2:26 to run.

It generates the HTML just fine, and even builds the PNG images.
However, those images do not contain all the information in the examples.
For instance, under the color code guide, there is not min-max-avg data or
anything.  The graphs /are/ being drawn correctly though.

The errors I get running orca look like:
./bin/orca: warning: cannot create
	`/data/www/htdocs/orca/moose/o_moose_pageslock,__pagesio-yearly.png':
	bad format for [G]PRINT in 'Locked  Current: %8.3f %s'

I don't know what the format for [G]PRINT should be, or even what it means,
really.

I thought I would ask before I tear down and start over.

Is the SE3.1FCS toolkit to new to use for this?  Should I retrograde to
SE3.0?

Thanks In Advance,

-Tim Kennedy
Network Engineer
NewsReal, Inc.
tkennedy at newsreal.com

  Hey Freelancers:  Find your next project through JobSwarm!
  You can even make money in your sleep by referring friends.