[Orca-users] multiple hosts

chantal.hunter at durhamc.on.ca chantal.hunter at durhamc.on.ca
Wed Feb 21 09:00:08 PST 2001

Hello,
I hate to beat a dead horse but I am still very confused about
creating data on multiple hosts with orcallator.se.

I have ORCA currently running and collecting stats on one (central)
host.  And I have SE3.1 installed and running orcallator.se on several
other hosts.
ps -ef | grep orcallator
root  8310  8266  0 10:12:33 pts/7    0:01
/opt/RICHPse/bin/se.sparcv9.5.7 /usr/local/lib/orcallator.se

>From what I have read so far, I believe that this is the way it needs
to be set up and then all I have to do is create a script to FTP the
data files from the servers not running ORCA to the server running
ORCA.

What I don't know is what the data files are called (I think percol*)
and where they are stored.  Also, where is the directory store defined
(couldn't find it in orcallator.se)  I did see mention of them being
stored in the --prefix dir specified with ORCA but how could that be
on the remote systems that aren't running ORCA.

se does not appear to be writing any data files with at all.

Any help anyone could provide would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Chantal