[Orca-users] Multiple Disk Space and Inode Plots

Julian R C Briggs j.briggs at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Jan 3 02:39:27 PST 2001

Dear Blair,

The Multiple Disk Space and Inode Plots bug is a significant problem
for us...

We have moved disks around actively in the last quarter and now get
7 versions of Disk Space and Inode Plots, as the appended fragment
of the Orca Daily cedar shows.

Our orca server (ie the host which generates the graphs) is low spec
(Sun Ultra 1) so generating the orca graphs (for our 4 servers) puts
a significant performance hit on it.

I would really appreciate any hints on a workaround until a bug fix
appears.  Ie is there a way of cleaning the rrd files so orca
generates just 1 disk size/inode plot?

Thanks

Julian Briggs

--- In orca-discuss at egroups.com, Blair Zajac <blair at a...> wrote:
> OK, I see what the issue is.  I'll keep this in mind when I work on
> getting the multiple disk plot issue fixed so that the problem you're
> running into will also be fixed.
>
> Regards,
> Blair
>
> Garan wrote:
> >
> > Sorry if this is a bit vague, but I sent the original email about 6-8 weeks
> > ago.  I added more disks onto my system.  This resulted in multiple plots
> > for disk space, one with the original disks on and one with the new disks
> > on.  The only way I could see to correct this was to go through the old data
> > adding blank columns for the new disks.

Daily cedar
[Average # Processes in Run Queue (Load Average)]
[CPU Usage]
[New Process Spawn Rate]
[Number of System & Web Server Processes]
[Number of Web Server Processes]
[Web Server Hit Rate]
[Web Server File Size]
[Web Server Data Transfer Rate]
[Web Server HTTP Error Rate]
[Interface Bits Per Second: hme0]
[Interface Packets Per Second: hme0]
[Interface Errors Per Second: hme0]
[Interface Nocanput Rate]
[Interface Deferred Packet Rate]
[Interface Collisions]
[TCP Bits Per Second]
[TCP Segments Per Second]
[TCP Retransmission & Duplicate Received Percentage]
[TCP New Connection Rate]
[TCP Number Open Connections]
[TCP Reset Rate]
[TCP Attempt Fail Rate]
[TCP Listen Drop Rate]
[Sleeps on Mutex Rate]
[NFS Server Call Rate]
[NFS Server Call Distribution]
[NFS Client Call Rate]
[NFS Timeouts & Bad Transmits Rate]
[Disk System Wide Reads/Writes Per Second]
[Disk System Wide Transfer Rate]
[Disk Run Percent]
[Disk Run Percent]
[Disk Run Percent]
[Disk Space Percent Usage]
[Disk Space Percent Usage]
[Disk Space Percent Usage]
[Disk Space Percent Usage]
[Disk Space Percent Usage]
[Disk Space Percent Usage]
[Disk Space Percent Usage]
[Disk Inode Percent Usage]
[Disk Inode Percent Usage]
[Disk Inode Percent Usage]
[Disk Inode Percent Usage]
[Disk Inode Percent Usage]
[Disk Inode Percent Usage]
[Disk Inode Percent Usage]
[Cache Hit Percentages]
[Cache Reference Rate]
[Cache Inode Steal Rate]
[Memory Free]
[Memory Page Scan Rate]
[Memory Page Residence Time]
[Memory Available Swap Space]
[Memory Page Usage]
[Memory Pages Locked & IO]

Julian Briggs, System Administrator, Department of Computer Science,
University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 211 Portobello St, Sheffield S1 4DP, UK
Phone +44 (0) 114-222-1851. Fax +44 (0) 114-222-1810
j.briggs at sheffield.ac.uk  http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~julian