[Orca-users] Re: yet another orca question...

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Apr 4 14:55:24 PST 2002

mbanker1966 wrote:

> Got everything working, and I'm very impressed.  One question,
> though... say I have hundreds of machines to monitor and chart.
> Having them all appear together on a web page could be a little
> confusing.  How would I add another level of organization so that
> they are grouped by dns zone for example.  So the first page you
> would see would list all the zones, and then clicking on a zone would
> get you the list of hosts in that zone.  The directory structure
> would be something like /orca/orcallator/$zone/$hostname.
>
> Thanks.
> mtb at nac.net

Thanks!  You probably want to keep the same structure for the percol-*
and/or orcallator-* files and rrd files and just change the Orca
configuration files.

What you want to do is copy your one configuration file into many and
change the line

find_files              @VAR_DIR@/orcallator/(.*)/....

find_files              @VAR_DIR@/orcallator/(.*\.zone1\.comp\.com)/....

so find just a subset of the hosts and change

html_dir                @HTML_DIR@/orcallator

html_dir                @HTML_DIR@/orcallator/zone1

and do this for every group.