[Orca-users] Memory Usage Graphs

Liston Bias list2002 at bias.org
Thu Sep 12 09:02:58 PDT 2002

Has anyone noticed big difference in memory usage graphs for Solaris 7 vs.
Solaris 8?

I am guessing that the way Solaris 8 handles memory & paging is mucho
different from Solaris 8 and thus the graphs may be incorrect for 8.
Does this assumption have merit or does Solaris 8 just handle it much
better giving me more free memory.

I have attached graph for system that was recently upgraded to Solaris 8.
The system is an Netra 1120 that is used as secondary netbackup server at
one of my sites.  The utilization of this sytems is the same as prior to
upgrade and other graphs (throughput, load, etc) indicate this to be true.

Regards,
Liston