[Orca-users] Is unzipping the percol files during every runn ecessary

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Feb 14 10:23:20 PST 2003

[Chris, cc-ing orca-users.  Please make sure to cc the mailing list
on any discussions.  Thanks]

"Jones, Chris" wrote:

> We're running 0.26Beta1 with RRD 1.000131.
>
> How do you configure in order not to reopen pre-visited zips??  I thought
> this was the default behaviour hence I was curious why my install was not
> behaving as such........... Or do I interpret your comments as, "would be
> a good feature for you to add". If so I'd best get coding :-)

It would be a good feature to add.  Right now the orca.state file only
records the last_data_time (last Unix epoch time of the youngest data
point) and the last_read_time (the time the file was last read).  It
could be modified to store more information about the file so it doesn't
need to be read in.