[Orca-users] procallator question

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Wed May 10 11:24:51 PDT 2006

Yes procallator is still being developed - and I am pretty sure now
has stuff to make it compatible with the changes to /proc made in the
linux 2.6 kernels. Install the latest subversion snapshot. Despite the
name, it's stable.

Blair, this comes up a lot and the answer is always, install the
snapshot. Should the web site really be telling folks that 0.27 is the
"latest stable"? As far as I can tell, the subversion snapshots are
pretty stable. The only issues I recall having seen on the list are
things that would be equally problematic in 0.27 and the subversion
version (e.g. Solaris systems with disks coming and going
dynamically).