[Orca-users] Winallator Data Files Break my Linux Plots afterpatches applied

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Thu Oct 18 12:22:28 PDT 2007

I hadn't caught this message until Charles mailed me directly.  Time to
fix my procmail scripts!  Doh!

Anyway, the solution was to use my latest patch file, for r529.  I have
not confirmed that it works for higher releases, but it should work
better than the r520 patchfile.

Charles was going to submit the patch on my behalf, but for those of you
finding this thread through other means, here is a link to the
SourceFile.pm-patch-with-r529.txt file:
http://rooth.org/orca/SourceFile.pm-patch-with-r529.txt

That patch will enable the r529 build of Orca to process both winallator
and orcallator files.  And probably procollator, too (the changes are
mostly dealing with Windows-perfmon special cases, and should not break
any unix cases).

I would include the patch in this email, but it is long, and I'm afraid
the mailing list processor will nix it on account of size.

--Dragon

Marshall, Charles wrote:
> It should also be added that the windows plots don't work either,
> basically I apply the winallator patch to SourceFile.pm and nothing gets
> plotted.
>
> When I look at the logs for groups that have windows servers
> (exclusively windows for now, but later it could be windows and linux
> servers together in the same config) I see:
>
> <BEGIN WINALLATOR ERROR>
>
> Argument "(PDH-TSV" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at
> /usr/local/lib/perl/Orca/SourceFile.pm line 1027, <FD> line
> 1.
> Argument "0)" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at
> /usr/local/lib/perl/Orca/SourceFile.pm line 1028, <FD> line 1.
> Current running time is 0:01 minutes.
> Month '-1' out of range 0..11 at /usr/local/lib/perl/Orca/SourceFile.pm
> line 1030
>
> <END WINALLATOR ERROR>
>
> Then in on procallator files I get:
>
> <BEGIN PROCALLATOR ERROR>
> Month '1192510799' out of range 0..11 at
> /usr/local/lib/perl/Orca/SourceFile.pm line 1030
> <END PROCALLATOR ERROR>
>
> Any help would still be greatly appreciated, including someone just
> giving an example of a combined configuration that DOES work for what I
> am looking for.
>
> Thanks,
> Charles Marshall

--Dragon