[Svnmerge] Re: Patch for non-reflected bidirectional merging support

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 26 18:12:48 PDT 2005

Raman Gupta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have attached two patches. The first is incidental and fixes a couple
> of bugs svnmerge that I found while testing. These bugs are:
>
> 1) The get_all_integrated_revs method was not being passed the
> BRANCH_DIR, causing the integrated revisions for some merge target
> branches to be lost when tracking integrated revisions for multiple targets.
>
> 2) The merge algorithm did not revert changes to the svn-integrated
> property for each range being merged, which caused a conflict if more
> than one range being merged contained a change to the svn-integrated
> property.
>
> The second, and far more interesting, patch adds merge-point tracking.
> This improves the bi-directional merging support of svnmerge by
> preventing reflected changes from being merged. See here for initial
> discussion fo the problem, and a description of the solution implemented
> in the patch:
>
> http://www.orcaware.com/pipermail/svnmerge/2005-August/000000.html

I have attached a fix for the previous svnmerge-bidirectional.patch
called "svnmerge-bidi-fixpaths.patch". This patch depends on, and should
be applied after, the original "svnmerge-bidirectional.patch" patch.

The fix is for branches that are in a subdirectory, such as a "branches"
directory as recommended by the svn book. Because of the necessary evil
of dot-files to track merge-points, paths need to be munged (slashes are
replaced with underscores) when reading/writing.

Cheers,
Raman