[Svnmerge] Log of merges

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Fri Nov 4 16:02:32 PST 2005

Archie Cobbs <archie at dellroad.org> wrote:

> Yes, an "svnmerge log" would be nice.

OK, then how would you implement it? I proposed 3 different implementation
solutions.

> More generally, I believe if the usability is a problem that can be
> solved in "svn" instead of "svnmerge", it should be solved there
> instead. We should only solve usability issues specific to "svnmerge".
>
> E.g., things like "auto create a tag when you merge" is not really
> an svnmerge specific thing.

It has to do with svnmerge, because svnmerge substitues the "merge-with-tags"
paradigm. It does that without tags (which is good), but without adding
"svnmerge log", we fail to provide an information that was readily available
before. This is orthogonal to how easy is using this information (eg. diff a
specific file between branches; this is where CVS is better than SVN and SVN
will have to be fixed).

Giovanni Bajo