[Svnmerge] Minor problem: svnmerge help help and svnmerge -V on win32

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Fri Nov 11 12:57:57 PST 2005

Since the problems below don't exist with svnmerge.py I guess
svnmerge.exe is outdated. Can some kind person update it, please :)?

svnmerge help suggests that svnmerge help help gives more help ...

C:\fpc\fixes\fpcbuild>svnmerge help
Available commands (use "svnmerge help COMMAND" for more details):

  avail      Show unmerged revisions available for PATH as a revision list
  block      Block revisions within PATH so that they disappear from the
available list
  help       Display help for a specific command
  init       Initialize merge tracking from HEAD on the current working
directory
  merge      Merge in revisions into PATH from its head
  unblock    Revert the effect of "svnmerge block"

... svnmerge help help crashes though :)

C:\fpc\fixes\fpcbuild>svnmerge help help
usage: svnmerge help [COMMAND]

Display help for a specific command. If COMMAND is omitted, display
brief command description.

Command options:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1169, in ?
  File "<string>", line 1094, in main
  File "<string>", line 956, in parse
  File "<string>", line 831, in __call__
  File "<string>", line 869, in _cmd_help
  File "<string>", line 989, in print_command_help
  File "<string>", line 984, in print_opts
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

This was with the svnmerge.exe for win32.

BTW: How do I get the revision of svnmerge on windows?
C:\fpc\build>svnmerge -v
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1169, in ?
  File "<string>", line 1111, in main
NameError: global name 'action' is not defined

C:\fpc\build>svnmerge -V
svnmerge: option -V not recognized