[Svnmerge] svnmerge and different flavors of sh

Castellow, Robert Robert.Castellow at bellsouth.com
Thu Sep 1 10:56:44 PDT 2005

Can anyone tell me what flavors of shell svnmerge should run on?  I seem
to be able to run from the sh in my Cygwin just fine, but when I try to
run the exact same command of svnmerge in SunOS sh I receive the
following syntax error...

soegadm @ sogbst4--> ../svnmerge init -s -v -r 0-1503
svn://90.34.7.118/soeg/branches/R18.0/trunk

../svnmerge: syntax error at line 561: `;' unexpected

I didn't really want to go through line by line and manage all of the
shell differences, but wondered if anyone could help point me to the
correct shell versions or maybe point me to a perl/python/multi-platform
version of svnmerge that I could run on SunOS.

Env info:

SunOS sogbst4 5.8 Generic_117350-20 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490

Thanks,

Rob

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 163