[Svnmerge] svnmerge and different flavors of sh

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Sep 6 07:57:40 PDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:

> FWIW, I'd be happy to contribute toward a Python version of svnerge.
> This should increase portability, performance, and maintainability.
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

That would be great.

I would just start on it and send it along to the mailing list for feedback for
eventual inclusion into Subversion's main repository, which either I can do.

BTW, a good place to check out on writing a Subversion client that purely uses
the Python bindings and doesn't fork out anything is this script, which took a
decent amount of work to figure out, as there's almost no documentation
anywhere, except for pydoc, Subversion's include files and Googling the mailing
lists:

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/client-side/svn_export_empty_files.py

Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<blair at orcaware.com>
Subversion and Orca training and consulting
http://www.orcaware.com/svn/