python svnmerge (was Re: [Svnmerge] svnmerge and different flavors of sh)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Sep 16 06:49:54 PDT 2005

Blair Zajac wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> Blair Zajac wrote:

>> This is excruciating -- and things to swig, segfaults galore
>

> :)  What's segfaulting?

Swig is a *very* quick and dirty -- with emphasis on dirty -- way to
create extensions.  Among it's many features is giving Python programmers
access to such C features as pointers. :)  If you call functions with
incorrect arguments, segfaults are easy to get.  Given the minimal
documentation for the subversion Python API, passing incorrect
arguments is pretty much inevitable.

 > Any luck on getting it going?

Yup, I think so.  The example program you pointed out helped a lot.
I've neen sucessful using the client library to perform some operations
and am fairly optimistic that it will be pretty smooth sailing from here.

Jim