[Svnmerge] Phantom revs support done!

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Thu Sep 29 16:49:26 PDT 2005

Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:

> 1) The Python script currently does not remove the merge target from
> the list of paths in the svnmerge-integrated property.

Uhuh, I must have missed this for some reason. Restored with the attached
patch, committed.

  2) Applying the merges.

> I recommend not merging just those revision ranges where commits
> happened in the source location, but instead, performing as few
> merges as possible.

Let me see I understand correctly. Let's say the revisions available for
integration from head are: 20, 30, 40 and 50. Let's also say that 25 is a head
revision which was already merged in the target, and any other revision is not
a commit in head (it's a commit elsewhere).

So, this what happens in reply to possible commands:

"svnmerge merge"  -->  "svn merge -r20; svn merge -r30:50"   [let's ignore
off-by-one issues]
"svnmerge merge -r30-50"  -->  "svn merge -r30:50"
"svnmerge merge -r30,50"  -->  "svn merge -r30; svn merge -r50"
"svnmerge merge -r30,40,50"  -->  "svn merge -r30:50"

Is this OK?
In other words, I can concatenate revisions to merge (forming a larger
interval) only if all the other revisions in the interval are phantoms. Is that
correct?

Giovanni Bajo