[Svnmerge] Re: svn commit: r19110 - trunk/contrib/client-side

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Apr 5 11:46:53 PDT 2006

dlr at tigris.org wrote:
> Author: dlr
> Date: Fri Mar 31 10:16:17 2006
> New Revision: 19110
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/contrib/client-side/svnmerge.py
>    trunk/contrib/client-side/svnmerge_test.py
>
> Log:
> Add a new 'svnmerge.py integrated' command, which tells you which
> change sets have been merged into a branch (the inverse of 'avail').
>
> This is a precursor to implementation of the 'rollback' command, which
> requires some of the functionality of 'integrated' command, and
> facilitates smoother usability (since you'll often run 'integrated' to
> figure out what revisions to 'rollback').

I just tried the new version and got this output.

$ /usr/bin/time ~/bin/svnmerge -s -v -v integrated
svn propget --strict "svnmerge-integrated" "."
svnmerge: calculate head path for the branch
svn info "."
svn info "http://svn/svn/repos/spijava/branches/blair"
svnmerge: head is "http://svn/svn/repos/spijava/trunk"
svn propget --strict "svnmerge-integrated" "."
svn log -r 1:HEAD --limit=1 -q .
svnmerge: available revisions to be merged are:
40413-106349
200.51user 1.21system 3:40.93elapsed 91%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k

A couple of things.

1) The message 'available revisions to be merged are' is confusing, given that I
ran the integrated command.  It should say which revisions were integrated.

2) It took a lot of CPU time and clock time (over 3 minutes).  After it runs the

svn log -r 1:HEAD --limit=1 -q .

there's no visible indication of what the script is doing.  I assumed that it
was stuck in the response from the svn log, but it turns out that that returns
in a couple of second, so that's not the cause.

It would be good to have an additional message stating what its doing then.