[Svnmerge] Interactivity of 'svn' command-line client transitive tosvnmerge.py?

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Thu Apr 13 11:32:48 PDT 2006

Daniel Rall <dlr at collab.net> wrote:

>My analysis of the launchsvn() commands in the svnmerge.py source code
>shows at least the following commands which could result in
>interactivity by the 'svn' command-line binary, by way of triggering
>network access:
>[...]

Many thanks for this analysis, Daniel.

> Perhaps launchsvn() should be taught about --non-interactive?

That would be one quick solution. Surely, it's better than the current
situation.

OTOH, I wonder what's the best long-time solution. I think the best scenario
is "exporting" the --non-interactive switch: forward it to "svn" when
passed, but forward back interactive prompts from svn to the user when they
pop-up. I'm not sure how much work this would be, though. Maybe we could
have some regexp to identify the prompts, and some heuristic to decide how
many previous lines of "context" to display. Then we should enter a kind of
echo mode. Does this make sense at all?
--
Giovanni Bajo